There are possible Bluetooth connection errors that can occur when pairing the scanner, (C, D, E and F series), with the AgroCares Scanner solution application. These errors are listed below.
- Scanner not visible
- Scanner visible but not pairing.
- Scanner paired but on scanning, an error message of scanner is not properly paired occurs.
Note, for all the above possible challenges, always ensure:
- That you have tried pairing the scanner with another phone to confirm a Bluetooth connection issue is not phone related.
- The scanner is sufficiently charged.
1. The Scanner is not visible.
a. Wrong device type has been selected
Sometimes the scanner is not visible because the wrong device type has been selected. E.g. a type F scanner is in use but E and earlier version device has been selected
Fix: confirm the device type and select the matching type. Note, E series and earlier means scanner names that end with C, D, and E only.
Image showing device types
b. The correct device type is selected but the scanner is offline.
Fix: Switch on the scanner and try again.
c. Device has renamed itself.
This is a very rare occurrence and can only be confirmed by AgroCares technicians. Please contact AgroCares support if you suspect this occurrence,
2. The scanner is visible but not pairing.
a. Interruptions during the pairing process
Interruptions such as receiving a phone call or accidentally switching off phones Bluetooth can cause the pairing process to not be completed. If this is the case, Please re-pair the scanner and the app.
b. Possible issue with the phone
Fix: try pairing the scanner with another phone. Please follow the process outlined below.
- On phone A, pairing the scanner with the App fails, try to pair the scanner with phone Bluetooth via the phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- If the above fails, try this process with phone B.
- And if it still fails with phone B, inform AgroCares support technicians.
- Scanner is connected to more than 1 phone.
E.G., scanner 1 was connected to phone A but phone B now wants to connect to scanner 1. Phone B will not be able to pair with scanner 1 because it can only be paired with 1 phone at a time. This also happens when phone A is a distance away from scanner 1.
Fix: unpair the scanner from both phones. If phone A is unreachable, reset the scanner and pair with phone B.
c. Low scanner battery power.
If the scanner has very low battery power, its capacity to pair with the application can be affected.
Fix: Ensure the scanner is sufficiently charged and with at least 20% battery power.
3. Scanner paired but on scanning, an error message of scanner is not properly paired occurs.
This occurs when the pairing process was not completed successfully.
Fix: re-pair the scanner with the app. If it repeats 2x more, reset the scanner. If the problem persists, report the issue to Agrocares support technicians.
How to contact support:
To contact AgroCares support technicians, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org