A sample must be prepared before you can start your scanning. Prepare a sample that is large enough to represent your testing area. If you are uncertain how to take a sample then please read the following article about soil sampling.
Scanning your samples with the scanner (1 to 3)
- In total 3 scans are needed to provide a reliable measurement that represents your sample.
- Mix your sample well before filling the grey sample cup up to the edge.
- Put the scanner on top of your sample on the measuring cup. Make sure the scanning surface of the sensor head is in contact with your sample.
- Press the ‘scan’ button for 1 second to start the scanning process. Do not move the scanner while it is scanning/while the green ‘scan’ light is blinking.
- Your phone will indicate when to continue to your next sample
- When the scan is finished put the contained sample back into your bucket. Mix it thoroughly, fill a new sample cup and repeat the process.
- Continue to fill new sample cups from your sample until all required scans are finalized.
Additional note: Supplementary scans are requested via the app if the spectra are not considered equal.