Check if the calibration cap is properly cleaned. Please follow the instructions as provided on the screen of your phone. If you need to clean the calibration cap, use a cleaning brush or a bit (drop) of water to clean the WHITE side of the cap and make sure it is properly dried before usage. The YELLOW side should NOT in any way be wet or roughly brushed. Please avoid these problems by always keeping the sensor head of the scanner clean before placing it on the calibration cap.
There are several option you can try to solve the calibration cap error. However, keep in mind that the calibration cap is sensitive to dirt and friction. Below there are some options listed.
- Change the position of the calibration cap. The Scanner can be placed on 3 positions on the yellow side of the cap. Try all three and see if one position resolves the problem.
- Check if the glass of the scanner is clean and not damaged.
- Check if the white side of the cap is clean.
- Check if the yellow side of the cap is clean.
- Check if the yellow side of the cap is undamaged. The yellow side of the cap can not be cleaned if this is tried the fibers might damage. Check if the fibers are not loose.
- Check with the user if they used cleaning products on the calibration cap. Cleaning products might be left behind on the cap and influence the spectra. Hence, leading to an error message.
- If the scanner and calibration cap look both fine check the application. Re-install the app on the phone this might sometimes also resolve problems.
If all the above mentioned option do not solve your calibration cap error please contact our support.