When you are using the Scanner you may notice some divergent behavior of the battery voltage in the app. The following behavior of the battery voltage occurs sometimes:
- Battery is not 100% full after charging
- Battery level drops very fast after making a few scans
- Battery level goes up a bit while not connected with a charger
- Battery level stays the same for a long time
Let us explain why this happens:
- Our calculations are based on Scanner voltage
We use a calculation to show how much power is left in the scanner battery. This calculation is based on the voltage of the scanner. The voltage in the scanner goes a bit up and down while it’s being used. This means that the power indication does so as well.
- Sharp drop in highest possible voltage
Additionally, the highest possible voltage is only briefly present in the scanner. The voltage will drop after a bit of usage to the mid-range. The power level at mid-range will stay stable for a very long time. When it reaches below the 10%, then charging will be needed.
Indication battery level
To determine the battery level of the Scanner you can use the following numbers as indication:
- 100% - 80% scanner is full.
- 79% - 10% scanner is half full.
- 9% - 1% scanner needs to be charged.