A sample must be prepared before you can start your scanning. Prepare a sample that is large enough to represent your testing area. If you are uncertain how to take a sample then please read the following article about soil sampling.
The Scanner needs to be calibrated before scanning the soil: see here how to calibrate the F series Scanner.
How to scan a soil samples:
- In total 5 scans are needed to provide a reliable measurement that represents your sample.
- Mix your sample well. Then scoop out a part of the sample by filling the grey sample cup up to the edge.
- Put the Scanner on top of your sample on the measuring cup. Make sure the Scanning surface of the sensor head is in contact with your sample.
- Press the ‘Scan’ button on the app to start the scanning process. Do not move the scanner while it is scanning.
- Your phone will indicate when to continue to your next sample.
- When the scan is finished put the contained sample back into your bucket.
- Mix the soil sample thoroughly, fill a new sample cup, clean the Scanner surface (remove any soil particles with the brush and a cloth, you may use a little bit of water together with the cloth or a paper towel) and repeat the process.
- Continue to fill new sample cups from your sample until all required scans are finalized. Make sure to always mix the soil in between scans and to always clean the glass of the Scanner in between scans.
Please sign in to leave a comment.