Why rename alpha scan files
- To create new reports when carrying out tests through the support desk platform.
- When scan files rewrite themselves due to poor internet connection delaying upload of the scans
- When the scan files have to be uploaded again and the actual sample is not available for re-scanning.
How to rename alpha scan files
- Navigate to (C:\data\dx\sent) if the files are in sent folder or (C:\data\dx) if the files are not in the sent folder.
- Identify scan files that need to be renamed by barcode number, copy and paste in a different folder. Remember to delete this folder when done.
- Ensure to copy the two scan files for each soil sample, identified by the barcode number
- Copied scan file will appear as below with extensions before and after the actual barcode number
- Rename the file by removing the extensions before and after the actual barcode number as below
- Then add the following extension at the end of the barcode number (_018.dx) to appear as below
- The file is now ready for uploading again
- Copy the newly formed scan files and paste outside the sent folder
- Ensure the uploader is online, the new scan files will be uploaded to the sent folder for further processing
- Check after few minutes to confirm the files have been uploaded
Article is closed for comments.