When scanning samples with the Alpha (MIR) the barcode is automatically registered and identified by the Alpha program and the portal.
However, due to rare and specific circumstances it can occur that the file name is not transmitted in the correct file/ barcode format. For these cases please see the below guidance on how to rename alpha files.
Why rename alpha scan files
- To create new reports when carrying out tests through the support desk platform.
- When scan files rewrite themselves due to poor internet connection delaying upload of the scans
- When the scan files have to be uploaded again and the actual sample is not available for re-scanning.
How to rename alpha scan files
- Navigate to (C:\data\dx\sent) if the files are in sent folder or (C:\data\dx) if the files are not in the sent folder.
- Identify scan files that need to be renamed by barcode number, copy and paste in a different folder. Remember to delete this folder when done.
- Ensure to copy the two scan files for each soil sample, identified by the barcode number
- Copied scan file will appear as below with extensions before and after the actual barcode number
- Rename the file by removing the extensions before and after the actual barcode number as below
- Then add the following extension at the end of the barcode number (_018.dx) to appear as below
- The file is now ready for uploading again
- Copy the newly formed scan files and paste outside the sent folder
- Ensure the uploader is online, the new scan files will be uploaded to the sent folder for further processing
- Check after few minutes to confirm the files have been uploaded
Barcode File Format
AgroCares Barcodes follow a strict format that has to be remain the same in order to be recognized as a correctly submitted file by our database.
ATT: Liab name/acronym ON: System 00217: Order number A: soil type 23: year of creation