Charge your scanner as follows:
- Charging the scanner for the first time
- Charge the scanner for at least 18 hours on a 1 ampere power socket. If the ampere output is below 1 the charging time is doubled.
- Charging the scanner
- The scanner is empty after performing 250 scans on a full battery. This means up to 20-30 orders. After this it should be charged for 11 hours to have a full battery again.
- The scanner is losing battery in stand-by mode. After 2 weeks in this mode the battery is empty and is needs to be fully charged again for 11 hours.
- Keep the scanner connected to a power socket when you are not using it. If you do so you will always be able to use the full potential of the battery.
- Charging the scanner after not using it for a period of time
- If the scanner has not been used/charged for more than 4 weeks, then it should be charged for 18 hours.
The battery needs a bit of voltage to start the charging process. A 100% empty battery can not be charged again and needs to be replaced. The scanner will send a warning and shut down before the battery if completely empty. The stand-by mode uses power as well, so don't wait too long with charging an empty battery. Charge a scanner every three months if it is not being used. Do not charge and scan simultaneously when the scanner is almost empty. The charger allows the scanner to be fully drained because the use of power by the scanner is higher than what the charger can deliver.
The green battery light of the scanner will start blinking brightly and frequently when charging. If the green battery light gives just a small blink once in a while then the scanner is on the stand-by mode. A fully charged scanner will automatically go to stand-by. See the difference between charging and stand-by in this article.
Please note that the scanner also uses power in the stand-by modus. It can last on a full battery for two weeks. After that it needs to be charged again. A full battery can finish at least 20 orders. When working efficiently it can finish up to 30 orders on a full battery.
The battery of the scanner does not need to be emptied fully before charging. Frequent charging does not decrease the batteries lifetime.
If the scanner doesn’t start charging when connected to the power, then reset the scanner. You can do this by holding the magnet of the charger briefly against the ‘Reset’ button on the scanner, as shown in the picture. You will hear a soft click. After resetting, please connect your scanner again to the power.