What is a'Blocked User Error Message'?
A blocked user error message refers to an error notification received on an account that has been forcibly logged out by another phone user, (as shown in image 1), who is using the same account details. The error message looks like the one shown in image 2 below.
Image 1: on phone B: Instructions that forcibly logs out another user
image 2: on phone A: instructions showing the user has been blocked from accessing the account.
What does the error mean?
The error means that multiple phones are logged into the same account at the same time. And one phone has been blocked from using the account.
When does it happen?
- Phone A is logged into the account. Then Phone B tries to log into the same account.
- Phone B then gets the error message in image 2, requesting to log out phone A. and phone B proceeds to log out phone A.
- Phone A then gets this error in image 1 above. Blocking phone A from using the account/license.
The consequences of this error is that Phone A cannot scan and there maybe possible loss of unsynchronized data once 'OK' button is clicked.
How to solve this. (For now)
Phone A uninstalls the app and reinstalls the app.
NB: This is a temporary solution. A solution that does not block the application will be released in the next app update.
How to avoid this happening in future
- Operator of Phone A communicates with the operator of phone B so they can figure out a working schedule.
- Owner of the account to regulate or stop using the account in multiple phones.
- Use of multiple phones with the same account can lead to loss of data if users are scanning offline.
How to log back into the account.
When logging into the app, make sure you have a working internet connection. The first time you connect the Scanner to your phone after installing the app you need to have an internet connection.